Prayer

求主助我知人伤痛,让我知道如何相助;唤醒我心赐我怜悯,让祢大爱借我流露。

Lord, when I learn that someone is hurting,
Help me know what to do and to say;
Speak to my heart and give me compassion,
Let Your great love flow through me today.
—K. De Haan

Saturday, October 19, 2013

I Kissed Dating Goodbye by Joshua Harris

                                       


Yeah!!! I finally finished the book, I Kissed Dating Goodbye. If I recall correctly, I started reading this book at the begining of 2013. And it is October now. So I have used at least half of a year to finish a book? Actually I wasn't serious when I started to read this book. I mean it took me so long time to search for this book and of course I am very interested in this topic. But when I started reading it, I read it with curiosity and just wanted to gain extra knowledge. Until last 2 months, something happened that urged me to see boy girl relationship with a serious attitude. The things that happened made me sad but one of the thing actually broke my heart. It made me realized that so many hurts will happen if you enter a relationship without preparation. The prepation I mean here are godly, emotionaly, physically and finiancially. The most important one is understand the purpose of relationship from biblical perspective and entrust our love life to God. So, I started reading this book as a guideline to prepare myself and when my friends need my "advise", I have some "wise advices" to share too.

One of the most impressing thing I have learned from this book is to have purposeful singleness. It made me realized that there are so many things I can focusing in doing for God and serve Him wholeheartedly when I am single, as in now. And Joshua Harris is being so honest to share about his personal struggles. I can relate so well with the struggles he had. Especially he pointed out the self-pity as one of the pollutant of our hearts. "Do you find yourself focusing on your own sorry state and not relying on God to do His best for you?" He made me to take an honest look at my own self-pity that I don't even realize before.  

Ya, I have finished this book but it doesn't mean that I know all the about relationship or I am an expert on relationship. What I have learned are obey to God, to wait on God's time and to serve Him. When the time my life story come to a chapter that named LOVE, I pray that my love story will be a story of purity, faith and selfless love. And all these good character is builded from our daily life and practice.

I never date before but there is nothing to be sorry or regret about. Becasue I know that courting is the right way to do. 

All the glory to our greatest God!


No comments:

Post a Comment